Job vacancy: Senior Analyst within Financial Stability
Job code: FS/007/2020
*During these challenging times, MFSA is doing all it can to keep employees & the general public safe. They are conducting online interviews & induction sessions for new employees and working remotely as much as possible. For those employees that need to be in the office, they are ensuring that every precaution is being taken.
About Financial Stability:
The Financial Stability function is responsible for identifying and assessing risks which have the potential to spread within the financial sector and the real economy (systemic risks). Through its own macroprudential research and analysis of the financial sector, which covers the banking, insurance and securities sectors, the function contributes to the formulation of policies aimed at mitigating identified risks.
As Senior Analyst within Financial Stability, focusing primarily on the insurance sector, the eventual appointee will have the following job accountabilities:
- Undertaking the identification and surveillance of current and emerging risks developing within the financial system;
- Contributing to research utilising econometric and financial modelling;
- Preparing and reviewing technical and analytical reports and briefing notes on systemic and/or other associated risks;
- Contributing to the MFSA’s publications in the area of financial stability;
- Reviewing and providing technical feedback on working documents;
- Preparing relevant financial stability contents on MFSA website as well as social media;
- Mentoring and coaching of other staff members in your area of expertise as may be necessary;
- Attending and assisting in technical meetings organized within the MFSA as well as at national and European level;
- Undertaking other tasks/duties as directed by line management.
How to apply or query further information:
- We are looking for candidates with experience in the insurance sector analysis as well as a keen interest in developing risk monitoring metrics. You will be expected to be flexible and dynamic and add value to a multidisciplinary team responsible for the exercise of the above functions. You are also required to have excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Strong knowledge of advanced data analysis packages such as Python, R and SQL would be considered as an asset. Similarly, experience in relation to financial stability/research publications will be useful;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in insurance, finance, economics or other relevant studies at National Qualification ramework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level as well as 5 years experience in a related area;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
*Public Call Permit: 154/2020
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.