One of our clients, a leader within the financial services industry in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Underwriter to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head/Supervisor of Underwriting
- Delivery of high-quality support service on health, travel and group life risks to the client's commercial network;
- Technical analysis of the renewal portfolio;
- Underwriting and rating of business proposals including preparation and issuing of quotations;
- Securing the necessary reinsurance arrangements on particular risks.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preference will be given to applicants with MCAST Advanced Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher;
- Excellent oral and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Any level of Spanish would also be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft applications.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude and decision-maker;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.