One of our clients, a leader within the financial services industry, is seeking to recruit an Underwriting Supervisor to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head of Underwriting.
- Supervising the underwriting of commercial & industrial risks;
- Liaising with reinsurers to obtain the required support and guidance;
- Maintaining an efficient operational workflow;
- Monitor processes, identify any improvements and encourage best practices;
- Conduct checks and reviews to ensure that the internal guidelines are met;
- Support, lead and motivate your team.
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preference will be given to applicants with MCAST Advanced Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher;
- Excellent oral and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Any level of Spanish would also be considered an asset;
- 5+ years of experience in an insurance technical environment is required;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude and decision-maker;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.