One of our clients, a leader within the financial services industry in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Junior Underwriter to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head/Supervisor of Underwriting.
- Supporting services on industrial and commercial risks to client's commercial network;
- Technical analysis of the renewal portfolio;
- Underwriting and rating of proposals including preparation and issuing of quotations;
- Carrying out onsite visits on proposals or existing risks and issuing a risk review report;
- Securing the necessary reinsurance arrangements on particular risks.
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preference will be given to applicants with MCAST Advanced Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher;
- Excellent oral and written communication in both Maltese and English;
- Any level of Spanish would also be considered an asset;
- Experience in an insurance technical environment is considered an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude and decision-maker;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.