One of our clients are currently looking to recruit an Actuary to join their team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to provide assurance and consultative services to a broad range of clients.
- Managing the overall Actuarial team
- Work closely with both audit and non audit clients within the insurance sector
- Advise and provide assurance to clients on all areas relating to Solvency II, including:
- The assessment of regulatory capital requirements
- Valuation of technical provisions in line with Solvency II principles and IFRS
- Risk management and corporate governance
- Insurance licence application processes
- The adoption of IFRS 17
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in actuarial insurance related roles.
- IFoA qualification (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 will be considered an asset.
- Experience in risk and capital modelling and a strong understanding of reserving, underwriting and catastrophe risks, in particular those related to Solvency II
- A good understanding of a broad range of commonly used reserving techniques and reserving issues faced by the insurance industry
- The ability explain complex actuarial information to clients not coming from an actuarial background. Excellent communication and presentation skills are key.
- Strong project and financial management skills. The ability to manage, work within a team and deliver to budget within agreed timescales.
- Highly committed to both personal and corporate success
- The ability to multi-task effectively