Our client a Group of Companies comprises a number of financial services companies based in Malta is seeking an Application Support Specialist to join their team.
- Responsible to manage and implement the technical components and configurations used to run the backend applications that enable daily business operations.
- The ideal candidate will be a technology savvy individual, with a background in programming, databases and financial services; a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate ideas respectfully to colleagues.
- Automation of business processes through any of the following common programming languages and frameworks (Java, Groovy, Python, C#)
- Maintains, configures and upgrades existing applications across the company
- Provide functional/ technical support and guidance for business users.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying and debugging tools and products
- Provide procedures, checklists and other documents for the 1st level support and other stakeholders
- Work with a tight-knit group of engineers and data stakeholders
- Communicate and share ideas with external development teams on internal projects
- Running and monitor weekly and monthly batches associated with diverse operational processes
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience as a software engineer in any of the following: Java, Groovy, Python, C#
- 1+ years’ experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Experience using Jira and Git
- Practical understanding of file structures and file permissions
- Strong talent for problem-solving—the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller working parts, and trace the implications in a step-by-step methodical way.
Experience in the following skills and technologies is desirable:
- DevOps concepts understanding and hands-on experience
- General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Experience working with 1st and 2nd line support structures
- Some experience in the financial/insurance sector
- Experience with REST API, XML files
- Understanding of software security and data protection practices
MQF Level 6 or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or a recognised appropriate comparable qualification
Candidates applying for this role must have an excellent level of English and be currently living in Malta