eCabs Operators Co. Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Systems & Network Administrator
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and operation of the company’s corporate internal IT Infrastructure, including network, servers, desktops, printers, and data storage. The candidate will ensure the network and all related equipment are functional and fully operational to accommodate all system users. This will also include any cloud/private cloud services which may require any integration or management. In the event of a disruption, this role is vital to the restoration of services to minimize downtime by providing the necessary technical support.
- Plans, deploys, configures, and maintains desktops, peripherals, operating systems, standard and custom desktop applications in the production environment in accordance with the change management process;
- Maintains existing equipment and assists in deploying new equipment as the company requires from time to time such as servers, storage, SAN, firewalls, VoIP, access control system, etc;
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature, and user abuse;
- Ensures the stable operation, availability, reliability, and serviceability of the Company’s windows servers, desktop, and network environment;
- Ensures minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, tuning, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, and monitoring;
- Manage, administer and support Windows servers and their associated software and hardware;
- Maintain and improve the IT asset register;
- Make use of and improve the internal ticketing system;
- Assist in nurturing a culture of data and network security within the organisation;
- Collaborate with third party contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes;
- Perform server and system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies;
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems;
- Administer and maintain end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
eCabs Operators Co. Ltd:
eCabs is Malta’s leading minicab company with vehicles and people carriers dotting the Island ready to service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or book online and you’ll have one of our distinguishable black cabs in no time. Renowned for our outstanding customer service, we offer low pick up time frames from any point in Malta.
- Proficient with Microsoft Servers management including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, IIS, VMWare, etc;
- Proficient with Windows and Mac client operating systems;
- Previous experience in a systems or network administration role is essential;
- Previous experience with virtual cluster environments will be considered an asset;
- Understanding or at least some experience with the following MS Azure, Office 365, GSuite, Google Cloud;
- General knowledge of 3CX phone systems and Cisco network equipment, routers, and switches;
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, and FTP is important;
- Ubiquiti or Cisco SMB experience would be considered an asset;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure support environment, striving to deliver exceptional customer service;
- The selected individual must be willing to work flexible hours and provide out-of-hours support on a roster basis.