Red Acre in Malta is currently looking to recruit a System Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure.
This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence, and self-motivation. The successful candidate will be part of an IT Team that manages, deploy, and support a variety of different technologies and services across the organization. The individual will work closely with current departments to ensure that best of breed solutions are designed, implemented, monitored, and maintained.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work within a team to deliver Managed Services to our users and customers within the required SLAs;
- Manage proactive maintenance and monitoring of our systems;
- Share best practices with other team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support services;
- Effectively interact with and coach other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues;
- Deliver services in line with Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes;
- Manage issues or outages to resolution, identify key points of contact, and manage communications within the delivery and customer teams;
- Update Incident, Request, Problem, and Change tickets in the ticketing system;
- Analyse, plan, and deliver infrastructure changes;
- Proactively manage tasks such as patching, monitoring, etc;
- Maintain/create technical and system documentation including IT security procedures, policies, and backup;
- Be able to work flexible hours;
- Join weekly on-call rota.
Responsibilities would include ongoing support, monitoring, and management of:
- End-user devices, operating systems, and applications;
- Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Security, and Compliance, etc);
- Microsoft AD/Azure AD;
- MDM applications such as Intune and Jamf;
- Additional projects as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Desirable Technical Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Minimum 2+ years of proven experience in an infrastructure support background;
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative;
- Strong team player highly motivated with a willingness to learn;
- Ability to work effectively within a team, i.e., sharing knowledge, offering help;
- Ability to prioritise issues and manage time effectively, taking accountability for resolving customer issues, and balancing project work with ticket driven tasks;
- Fluent written/verbal English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the business;
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Demonstrate IT competencies/support skills in the following areas:
- Windows 10, MacOS, iOS, and Android
- Microsoft 365 Administration
- Multiple MDM solutions
Red Acre Ltd:
We are proud to offer a cost-efficient service without the restrictions and limitations of many other providers. Empower your endeavours with the expert support of our live call centre, compliance and payments support team – complete with ongoing customer support. With us, your business gains a complete back-office function as part of your offering to clients. As an employer, we are creating a progressive work environment where we nurture your capabilities so you grow personally and professionally. We value the experience and diversity each individual brings to our company.
- Certification or Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- CompTIA, Azure Ad, and Microsoft certification an advantage;
- Package applications;
- Creating and managing application and security policies;
- Companywide security configurations and policies on systems and device management;
- Knowledge of networking and firewalls is an advantage but not essential.