Northern Gas and Power Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer
to join their Infrastructure team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer
who is passionate about Infrastructure-as-Code and excited about the latest cutting-edge technologies. This role enables you to work on multiple public cloud systems, continuous integration, and delivery frameworks across several teams within the organization and master the art of automation to improve quality and efficiency across all our products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with us as we build features, functionality, and applications to continue our impressive growth;
- Help your team decide what technologies to use. We value your ideas;
- Implement and contribute to engineering practices and processes;
- Build tools to automate and reduce occurrences of errors;
- Build Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for fast, repeatable, reusable, scalable, testable infrastructure with security and efficiency in mind;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Develop visioning skills and ability to see the big picture;
- Contribute to the microservices ecosystem by supporting the building services;
- Integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position on DevOps/Infrastructure/Dev;
- Knowledge in building and managing production environments using containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS) with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform;
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Bitbucket;
- Experience in Continuous Integration And Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) using tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity;
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Consul;
- Experience with monitoring tools, APM tools, and log aggregators such as Elastic Stack and Prometheus/Grafana;
- Knowledge on Load Balancers, L7 proxies (nginx, haproxy, envoy), TCP/IP, routing, and Firewalling;
- Experience in Google Cloud Services, AWS, or Azure will be considered an asset;
- Experience with maintaining databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redis will be considered an asset;
- Strong Linux knowledge;
- Interest in technology with insights about trends and solutions;
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to laymen and to translate their feedback;
- Team-player, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Independent with a sense of ownership in work contribution;
- An inclination to contribute to the creative process;
- A ‘can-do’ and problem-solving attitude.
Northern Gas and Power Ltd:
We are ClearVue; an exciting energy tech start-up based in Malta. Although we are technically a start-up, we are the fastest growing business in the north of England and the number 1 energy consultancy in the UK. Formed in 2013, our offices are located worldwide and we now employ more than 450 people globally. Our HQ is based in the North of England where we’re known as ‘The King of the North’! We are now on the hunt for extraordinary people to join us in Malta, on our mission to change the World! Mission Statement: We have been busy pioneering new ideas and innovative technologies in the field of energy. As we all stand at the foothill of the 4th industrial revolution, our forward-thinking approach is bringing tomorrow’s ideas, today. A transformative revolution that will define our generation, will take us on a journey that will digitise the world of energy. We are so excited to share our vision of the future with you and to show the technologies such as 5G, IoT, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence(AI), Machine learning and how they will go on to shape all of our lives. This is just the beginning, so why don’t you grab your hoverboard and teleportation device and come on a journey with us into the future.
- Attractive salary package offered based on experience;
- Training, development, and opportunities for career progression;
- Fun, friendly and dynamic work environment;
- December off, yes December off!;
- International travel opportunities.