One of our clients in the Retail, Wholesale & Distribution in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced and aspiring IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Maintain a highly available cloud and on-premise server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning;
- Build, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure;
- Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices;
- Responsible for Identity Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Document Management Strategy;
- Act as project lead around business initiatives such as new office sites, store openings, warehouses, etc;
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools;
- Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact;
- Assess the urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a “five nines” product availability environment;
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment;
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of workload automation initiatives;
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies, and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.;
- 2+ years working with cloud platforms;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking, and storage;
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD DS and Virtualisations such as HyperV and VMware;
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Microsoft Azure for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications;
- Certifications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) are highly desirable;
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments;
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security;
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs;
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or service;
- A good communicator with excellent command of the English language and able to manage third party suppliers;
- Willing to travel.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Be a good team player and work well with others;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Have a strong analytical mind with excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills, improvisational and creative solutions with a can-do attitude.