Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Radio Network Optimisations Engineer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Do you have a passion for mobile network technology and for achieving the best possible performance? If so, we would like to meet you. Our Access department is looking for a new team member to form part of the Radio Networks team. You will be responsible to monitor and review RAN performance KPIs and to recommend network improvements.
You will be responsible for:
- Advanced monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Planning and coordinate network drive test campaigns, analysis of results;
- Data collection/analysis including performance counters, configuration data, and drive test logs;
- Coverage/quality/capacity analysis, troubleshooting and actioning of improvements;
- Evaluation, sourcing, and operation of mobile network test equipment;
- Giving support to other sections on customer complaint troubleshooting.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- MQF level 5/6/7 in Engineering or ICT;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Excellent knowledge of RAN 3G/4G protocols and signal flows;
- Familiarity with 5G technology will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of drive test methodology and test equipment such as TEMS Discovery/Investigation;
- An analytical approach coupled with strong organisational and communication skills;
- Familiarity with SQL and scripting for data extraction;
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision;
- Valid driving license.