Valletta Cultural Agency in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Operations and IT)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Nomenclatures denoting the male gender include also the female gender.
The main duties of the Senior Officer (Operations and IT) are:
- The VCA is a Government entity tasked with sustaining and strengthening the capital city’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.
- The Agency is seeking applications from suitable candidates to perform duties as Senior Officer (Operations and IT) as cited below. This post is on a full-time basis and is subject to a probational period of twelve (12) months.
- The Senior Officer (Operations and IT) forms part of the Operations Department of the VCA and will be working under the supervision of the Head of Operations and the CEO.
- Liaising with MITA to create new accounts, deleting accounts and modifying user rights as required by the employees of the VCA;
- Keeping a track record of the accounts created for the VCA to identify, modify and lock any accounts that are no longer in use;
- Providing required support to staff members in their day-to-day use of IT systems and utilising his/her specialised knowledge to help them develop further their IT Skill and exploit IT systems to their utmost;
- Administer local and/or EU databases pertaining to the Valletta Cultural Agency;
- Serving as the first line of support for troubleshooting any of the problems reported and as necessary escalate the issue to the owner of the operational system, third-Party or supplier as applicable;
- Carrying out as required systems analysis evaluation and identifying the operational requirements, in particular:
- Identifying and implementing IT applications/solutions to meet new or changing operational requirements;
- Advising management on the feasibility/cost-effectiveness of computerisation initiatives and the identification of potential IT packages that might be available off the shelf to make operations more efficient;
- Assisting users in issuing the necessary reports for the daily operations and other ad hoc reports that may be required;
- Monitoring supplier contractual obligations in terms of ICT;
- Ensuring adherence to management policies and decisions by assuming a leading role in the implementation of IT systems/solutions;
- Maintaining adequate documentation relating to the system, any changes applied to such systems and of authorisations obtained as applicable;
- Collating and compiling necessary information;
- Carrying out any necessary procurement in line with the Public Procurement Regulations;
- Maintaining health and safety, and quality management requirements;
- Collating and updating of inventory of the Valletta Cultural Agency as required;
- Carrying out any other duties as directed by the CEO or her representative according to the exigencies of the Valletta Cultural Agency.
The salary attached to the post of Senior Officer (Operations and IT) shall be €21,935 per annum at Grade 6 within the Public Cultural Organisations Grading and Salary Structure raising by an annual increment of €447 up to a maximum of €24,617.
*Eligible applicants will be interviewed by a Selection Board to assess their suitability to carry out the duties mentioned above.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must by the closing date and time of submission of the application be in possession of a recognised Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2003) in ICT, Management or a comparable professional qualification, plus one (1) year work proven experience; OR
- A recognised Diploma qualification at MQF Level 5 or equivalent in ICT, Management or a comparable professional qualification, plus three (3) years’ work proven experience;
- Certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application or sent separately to the Head of HR Management at Valletta Cultural Agency, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta by not later than the closing date and time, must support qualifications and experience claimed.
- Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
- An applicant holding foreign qualifications are required to produce a recognition statement by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) within the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE), which is to be obtained by submitting an online application for the recognition of qualifications at https://services.ncfhe.gov.mt/CertificationApplication.aspx. Such a statement should be attached to the application and the original presented at the interview.
- Third-country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third-country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”. OR
- In possession of a residence document issued in terms of the Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations. The advice of the Citizenship and Expatriates Department should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions. The appointment of candidates referred to at 4.5 above would necessitate the issue of an employment license in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. JobsPlus should be consulted as necessary on this issue. The advice of the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
How to Apply:
- Persons registered with the National Commission for Persons with a Disability (NCPD) may be given reasonable accommodation in terms of Section 7 of the Equal Opportunities (Persons with Disability) Act (Chapter 413 of the Laws of Malta), even if they do not satisfy in full the requirements for this post, provided they can carry out, in essence, the duties related to the post applied for.
- Representations in terms of this clause should be attached to the application form and supported with relevant documents which must also include documentary evidence of registration with the NCPD. Reasoned justifications should be given to substantiate the lack of full eligibility requirements and why reasoned considerations are merited.
- All correspondence is to be addressed to the receiving entity and copied to the NCPD.
Applications supported by the necessary documentation, which should include a motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and where applicable a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47), are to reach the Head of HR Management, by hand or by post at Valletta Culture Agency, Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta by not later than noon (Central European Time) of 2nd October 2020. In the case of Public sector employees, these are to present their paid leave/unpaid leave/sick leave records for the last four (4) years, including any records of any disciplinary action that may have been taken (in the absence of such records it will be understood that no disciplinary action was ever taken).
*Applications received will be acknowledged with a receipt.
*The chosen officer will be required to sign an undertaking signifying his commitment to the assignment for which he is selected.
Valletta Cultural Agency:
The VCA is a Government entity tasked with sustaining and strengthening the capital city’s vibrant cultural life through the creation of an annual programme of creative events developed in collaboration with artists and other Public Cultural Organisations. A legacy of the Valletta 2018 Foundation, the VCA also upholds standards of excellence in the coordination and organisation of cultural events in the city, while encouraging access and participation by a diverse audience.