CCBill in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Senior Database Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Systems Engineer, Senior Database Administrator (DBA) is a mixed project/operations role focused on growing and supporting CWIE internal database infrastructure for customer-facing products. The chosen candidate will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations and maintenance, as well as project work, (including providing proof-of-concept deliverables, product analysis, technical leadership, and architectural input) for multiple concurrent initiatives. You will also serve as an escalation point for junior staff within Application Services and will serve as the database Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our database products. You will assist and mentor Linux Systems Administrators and Junior Systems Engineers with issues escalated from other support teams as necessary.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the SME for MySQL database implementations. Ensure standards are being followed, and provide recommendations on corrective actions as needed;
- Linux system performance tuning, specifically as relates to MySQL database installations;
- Understanding of Linux system provisioning, operations, and troubleshooting as pertains to deployment and maintenance of database infrastructure;
- Assume ownership of existing database infrastructure and determine the best path forward for continuing care and feeding. (MySQL, Percona Xtra DB and some MongoDB);
- Auditing DB structures, queries, configurations, and operating parameters and making tuning recommendations based on resultant data;
- Must be able to lead in a fast-paced and highly technical environment with a constant focus on security and compliance;
- Provide in-depth technical guidance and mentorship;
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams;
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff;
- Must quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment, flexibility is key;
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies;
- This position will have on-call responsibilities in a tier 3 escalation scenario;
- Assist in creating, refining, and updating standardized processes as necessary.
- 5-7 years minimum experience configuring, deploying, administrating, performance tuning, upgrading, and general operational management of MySQL database servers. (Mysql 5.1-current);
- Proficiency in managing WAN based Multimaster clustering with local slaves and global replication);
- Experience in analysis and optimization of ORM generated database calls to maximize efficiency;
- In-depth experience with database replication engines and processes, in particular, but not limited to GTID;
- 2+ years’ experience with operations and administration of MongoDB (preferred);
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution;
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills;
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Working knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, GBPR, ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices;
- Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, Salt, fabric, or other automation tools..
*This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.
CCBill is a leading global payment processor and e-commerce provider. As one of the largest third-party payment processors, CCBill is much more than a payment processor. CCBill is an e-commerce platform that can provide expert support and empowerment to your expanding relationships. Whether it's through consistent on-time payouts, distinctive affiliate tools, or the comprehensive and proprietary set of account management options, CCBill understands the online business like few others and has been offering industry-leading solutions since 1998. Processing for more than a billion dollars in transactions each year, CCBill has reliable problem-solving techniques, phenomenal consumer support, and innovative solutions to support all markets. Specialties: Credit Card Processing, Payment Solutions, Subscriber Management, Global Billing, Affiliate Marketing, Automated Billing, Customer Service, Mobile Billing, Merchant Billing Processing, Fraud Protection, Credit Card Services, E-commerce, High-Risk Management, API, Payments-as-a-Service, Subscription Digital, Subscription Retail, and Billing Automation.