Our client is offering a Systems Engineer job opportunity in Malta within a local IT services company offering software solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft Windows-based servers and systems.
- Mainly responsible for Office365 solutions - setting up and maintaining.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimizations as required.
Education and Experience:
- In possession of B.Sc in IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of networking concepts, WAN / LAN configuration, security and network monitoring.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows Server and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with installation of IT hardware and software.
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall technology, switching and routing.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- The ability to prioritise tasks in order to enhance efficiency whilst maintaining flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Encouraging and engaging in a collaborative work-ethic
About the Company:
The Systems Engineer position is within a Software Solutions company operating in Malta creating enterprise-grade software solutions to large corporate clients.