One of our clients, in the Telecommunications industry in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation;
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption;
- Author reports for operational use;
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts;
- Integrate new data sources;
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues;
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups, and assist in task planning.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData);
- Excellent SQL knowledge;
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow);
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices;
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel;
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery);
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge;
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices;
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA);
- A collaborative approach and worked in Agile teams;
- A continuous improvement mind-set.