One of our clients in the Telecommunications industry in Malta s looking to recruit a BI Operations Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Monitor critical data pipelines and DWH processing;
- Maintain data pipeline statistics and record identified issues;
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve or escalate to second level as necessary;
- Monitor existing data quality rules, recommend and implement additional data quality rules;
- Monitor DWH platforms and conduct preventative maintenance;
- Closely coordinate with data source owners and platform teams to maintain operational stability;
- Automate and coordinate operational tasks.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Strong analytical skills applied at root cause analysis and issue resolution;
- Good communication skills;
- A continuous improvement mindset;
- Preferably a good understanding of data models and associated best practices;
- Experience with data warehouses processing large volumes of data and ingesting diverse data sources;
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel;
- Basic Microsoft SQL Server administration;
- Very good SQL knowledge;
- Preferably knowledge of Google Big Query, Google Cloud Dataflow;
- Issue tracking software experience - for Incident and Problem management (such as JIRA).