Asset Recovery Bureau in Malta is looking to recruit a Bureau Officer II (ICT Support)
to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Eligible applicants shall be required to submit certificates and/or testimonials, together with a Clean Police Conduct within three days from request.
Terms and Conditions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate shall be engaged on an indefinite basis as Bureau Officer II (ICT Support) in the Asset Recovery Bureau;
- This appointment is subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months;
- The salary for the post of Bureau Officer II (ICT Support) within the Asset Recovery Bureau is equivalent to maximum Grade 5 that is currently €21,935 (Twenty one thousand, nine hundred and thirty-five) per annum up to a maximum of €24,617.00 (Twenty four thousand, six hundred and seventeen) with an annual increase of €672 (Six hundred and Seventy-Two) and an increment of €447 (Four hundred, and forty- seven);
- The Bureau Officer II (ICT Support) shall be expected to work on a 40 Hour Basis. If and when instructed by the Director ARB, an overtime rate of one and a half times the basic hourly rate shall apply;
- The appointee must ensure that s/he operates within the framework of the Code of Ethics, and will not carry any form of work outside of this employment which may be against the interest of the Assets Recovery Bureau and/or which may lead to a conflict of interest or interfere with the performance of his/her official duties with the Asset Recovery Bureau. Private work invariably necessitates the permission of the Director.
The Bureau Officer II (ICT Support) will be reporting to the Director of the Asset Recovery Bureau or to any other person the Director may delegate for the purpose of assigning duties and responsibilities as applicable to the position from time to time. The selected candidate, while being expected to maintain strict integrity and confidentiality of all aspects of work of the Asset Recovery Bureau, will be expected to provide efficient and professional services and to fully participate in the various duties that are undertaken by the Bureau, including but not limited to:
Eligibility, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Participating in onsite duties and inspections as may be instructed by the Director ARB;
- Manning the Secure Communication Platforms available at ARB.
- Assist in the execution of the day-to-day operations including database maintenance, as well as general support;
- Assist in the analysis, evaluating, testing, purchasing and implementation of
- IT hardware and software.
- Complying with Data Protection requirements;
- Administering websites;
- Ensuring Information Systems integrity and security as required by the Asset Recovery Bureau
- Ensuring correct systems and operation;
- Adhering to industry standards, methodologies, techniques and procedures and exercising a degree of skill, care and diligence in accordance with generally accepted practices and principles;
- Obtaining and maintaining all approvals, permissions, permits and licenses required to comply with national laws and regulations that may be applicable for the provision of the services;
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware/software problems and when necessary escalating any issues which may potentially impact the provision of the service provided;
- Responding to enquiries regarding system operation from user recommending or performing remedial actions to correct problems including the fixing of defective hardware and performing hardware and software upgrades;
- Obtaining training on new technologies or related to future technical assignments.
- Monitoring on a regular basis the status of data captured for consistency and validity, maintaining records and providing statistics;
- Attending training related to information technology in Malta or abroad;
- Liaising with the respective Ministry’s Information Management Units and/or MITA regarding new systems or system enhancements, including the implementation of ongoing projects;
- Performing other ICT duties assigned from time to time as requested by the Director ARB.
By closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- Citizens of Malta; or
- Citizens of the Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- Citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- Any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the law or the above- mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- Third-country nationals who have been granted long-term residents status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “ Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third-country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”.
*The advice of the Citizenship and Expatriates Department should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions. The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment license in so far as this is required by Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. The Employment and Training Corporation should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
In possession of :
- Able to communicate in both the English and Maltese languages.
- A recognized qualification in ICT or equivalent at MQF Level 6; or
- In possession of a recognized qualification in ICT or equivalent at MQF Level 5 and have at least three years of work relevant experience. Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements. Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualification in question by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
*The appointee must have a good moral character and are expected to submit a recent (not more than one month) Police Conduct Certificate. The Asset Recovery Bureau reserves the right to annul the result of the Selection Process of any successful candidate who at any time is found to have an unacceptable criminal record or has been dismissed from any Public Entity.
Submission of applications:
- A flexible and adaptable work approach;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Good written, verbal, analytical skills;
- Good listening and communicating skills;
- Well-developed IT skills;
- Good investigation capabilities;
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as a team member;
- A high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals;
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Asset Recovery Bureau:
The Asset Recovery Bureau has been established under Legal Notice 357 of 2015, known as the Asset Recovery Bureau Regulations. The Bureau is an autonomous public entity governed by a Board led by a Chairperson is responsible for policymaking and a Directorate headed by a Director responsible for the implementation of the provisions of the Asset Recovery Bureau Regulations and the execution of policy as established by the Board. The functions of the Asset Recovery Bureau can be divided into three main categories: Tracing of assets, Asset Management, and Assets Disposal.
- Eligible applicants shall be required to submit certificates and/or testimonials, together with a Clean Police Conduct within three days from request;
- Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview;
- Applications must be submitted for the attention of Director, Asset Recovery Bureau;
- Applications are to include a curriculum vitae (which should include a list of qualifications held by applicant) and a Police Certificate of Conduct.
- The closing date of the receipt of applications is NOON (CET) of Friday, 21 st August 2020.