One of our clients in the Telecommunications industry in Malta is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior IT and DevOps Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Administering internal IT infrastructure and systems, including on-premise physical/virtualized and cloud-based platforms;
- Orchestrating workloads across multiple in-house platforms and public cloud providers;
- Automating tasks where possible by means of scripting and/or configuration/deployment management systems;
- Developing tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience; maintaining relevant documentation;
- Monitoring managed systems including application and database services, using alerts and log management tools; taking corrective actions as required;
- Resolving support cases related to IT and DevOps; restoring IT service outages and identifying/resolving root causes;
- Overseeing and actively supporting major projects in the IT Operations team;
- Coaching and mentoring other members of IT Operations team.
- Proven track record of IT and DevOps knowledge, supported by relevant qualifications and experience;
- Solid knowledge of networking principles (ideally experience on Cisco devices), Linux and Windows Operating Systems, virtualization tools such as Hyper-V and VMware, Office365 administration, backup tools such as VEEAM, preferably database technologies such as SQL;
- Experience with Cloud services (Azure, Google, AWS) and Automation (Google Deployment Manager, Terraform or such tools), containerisation and orchestration;
- Experience with one or more programming languages is an asset (Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java and so on), proficiency with git and git workflows is also desirable;
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet targets with little supervision;
- A good command of the English language.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Be a good team player and work well with others;
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, improvisational and creative solutions with a can-do attitude.