Within this ICT Assistant (temporary) role you will be working within the ICT unit and your main tasks and duties will include:
- Dealing directly with customers either by telephone, email or in person
- Following the IT Service Management processes, work instructions and other relevant items related to the provision of a well-established and perceived Service Desk.
- Efficient handling of IT related issues assigned to the 1st Level Support using the means available
- Tracking and updating issues in the ICT Service Desk ticketing system
- Proper escalation of issues to the 2nd or 3rd Level
- Assisting in the further customization of the Service Desk ticketing system
- Supporting in maintaining up-to-date assets and inventory database
- Ensuring the smooth running of Video- and teleconferencing facilities
- Offering support to the VoIP infrastructure
- Supporting and maintaining the EASO Mobile Device Management platform
- Installing hardware and software components, updates, workstations, peripherals, desk and mobile phones, videoconferencing units, and logical unit support, while ensuring maintenance
- Carrying out pre-deployment quality control for desktop and laptop platforms
- Establishing and updating respective release and maintenance documentation
- Ensuring hard drive encryption is applied according to ICT procedures
- Assisting with the coordination of technical support with external service suppliers and contracted vendors, specifically regarding audio and video equipment in the EASO meeting facilities
- Collaborating and supporting the maintenance of the ICT archive and documentation, and in the operation of available ICT applications
Education & Experience
- Previous experience in a 1st Level Service Desk Support position is required
- This role requires a Degree
- Be knowledgeable in ITIL or other ICT Service Management Frameworks
- Be technically competent within the area of ICT
- Possess very good communication skills in English (any other additional languages would be considered advantageous)
- Must have initiative, drive and high attention to detail
- Able to work well both individually and in a team
This ICT Assistant (temporary) job is with a well-established agency temping based in Malta.
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.
For this particular role, the use of Europass CV is highly suggested.
Due to the urgency of the role, only candidates who are already based in Malta will be considered since the local airport is closed.
Job Reference: ZU602