Red Acre Ltd is expanding the team and they are currently looking to recruit a Senior System Administrator to join their IT Team in Malta on a full-time basis.
*jobsinmalta.com would like to reassure you that despite these very challenging times, Red Acre Ltd is carrying out online interviews and the selected candidate will be set up to work remotely until the offices reopen.
Working on our sites, this is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management, deployment and support of a variety of different technologies and services for the organization. The individual will work closely with current Infrastructure teams to ensure that best of breed solutions is designed, implemented, monitored and maintained.
Including but are not limited to:
Responsibility for ongoing support, monitoring and management of:
- Work within a team to deliver Managed Services to our customer(s), to required SLAs;
- Provide and manage proactive maintenance and monitoring on customer systems;
- Share best practices with other team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support services;
- Effectively interact with and coach other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues;
- Deliver services in line with Incident, Problem and Change Management processes;
- Manage issues or outages to resolution, identify key points of contact, and manage communications within the delivery and customer teams;
- Update Incident, Request, Problem and Change tickets in the ticketing system;
- Maintain relevant Asset and Configuration Item records in the system;
- Analyse, plan and deliver infrastructure changes;
- Proactively manage tasks such as patching, monitoring, etc;
- Maintain configuration and process documentation;
- This role requires a highly skilled and experienced technical support engineer.
Variety of customer projects utilising all above technologies as well as:
- Backup system management;
- Microsoft patch management;
- Server hardware.
- Active Directory 2008/2012;
- Office 365.
- Certification or Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- CompTIA, VMware, Linux, and Microsoft certification an advantage.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of proven experience in an infrastructure support background;
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative;
- Strong team player highly motivated with a willingness to learn;
- Ability to work effectively within a team, i.e., sharing knowledge, offering help;
- Ability to priorities issues and manage time effectively, taking accountability for resolving customer issues, and balancing project work with ticket driven tasks;
- Fluent written/verbal English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the business;
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations;
- Excellent documentation skills.
- SAN Support (EMC and/or Dell preferred);
- SCCM 2012;
- Backup system management.
Desirable Technical Skills/Experience:
Red Acre Ltd:
We are proud to offer a cost-efficient service without the restrictions and limitations of many other providers. Empower your endeavours with the expert support of our live call center, compliance and payments support team – complete with ongoing customer support. With us, your business gains a complete back-office function as part of your offering to clients. As an employer, we are creating a progressive work environment where we nurture your capabilities so you grow personally and professionally. We value the experience and diversity each individual brings to our company.
- SCOM 2012;
- SQL Server 2005+;
- Exchange 2010+;
- Knowledge of networking and firewalls is an advantage but not essential.