Job vacancy: Data Solutions Specialist within Data Management and BI
Job code: DM/007/2020
*During these challenging times, MFSA is doing all it can to keep employees & the general public safe. We are conducting online interviews & induction sessions for new employees and working remotely as much as possible. For those employees that need to be in the office, we are ensuring that every precaution is being taken.
About Data Management and BI:
The Data Management and Business Intelligence supports timely and effective decision making across the authority by empowering management and the team with the right data-related processes, KPIs, dashboards, analytics and risk profiling.
- Maintaining, enhancing and creating workflows, functions and configurations within the relevant system environments;
- Working closely with end-users to maintain, optimize, create, test and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers;
- Thoroughly documenting implemented workflows and data maps including any technical considerations;
- Understanding any new data maps required, with proposed solutions and feasibility analysis;
- Delivering data collection and supervisory system projects on schedule and with high quality;
- Coordinating with the technology and PMQ teams to ensure total product quality and integration, with all relevant applications and processes;
- Staying up-to-date on new system features, key user pain points and functionality;
- Coordinating with technical teams for the management of web servers, back-end operational database environments, file sharing services and other technologies as needed;
- Supporting the Business Intelligence and Analytics teams in understanding the operational data architecture and informing/involving them with any ongoing changes for the purpose of delivering best-in-class insights and analytics to business users;
- Performing daily administrative tasks and addressing any production support issues as may be required;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Data Management and Business Intelligence management from time to time.
- The chosen candidate is expected to be confident in managing highly complex processes, involving cross-functional teams;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in Computer Science at National Qualification Framework level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. Experience in administering an Enterprise CRM or ERP platform like SalesForce or SAP including process flow design and implementation. Experience in Enterprise Web Applications as well as Database operations and SQL in a Microsoft stack environment;
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a similar role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years' experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The below will be considered as a asset:
How to apply or query further information:
- Be confident and articulate communicator capable of driving strong collaboration across multi-disciplinary functions;
- Be strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills;
- Must be customer-service oriented;
- Can work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.