Hilltop in Malta is looking to recruit an IT Systems Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day administration of application and operating system software, installation and maintenance of computer hardware and components and troubleshooting and responding to end-user problems and new requirements.
- To be responsible for the day to day administration of application and operating system software;
- Installation of computer hardware, maintenance and replacing failed computer hardware components;
- Maintains licenses for all software;
- Ensures that all systems are covered by the proper maintenance contracts;
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of computer-related supplies;
- Maintains a log of all computer hardware and a log of all service calls on computer hardware;
- Manages the configuration records, program files and data files on the computer system;
- Maintains appropriate comprehensive emergency procedures;
- Troubleshooting and responding to end-user problems and new requirements;
- Acts as a liaison to service providers and users, liaison with suppliers, documenting / reporting of hardware and software problems and ensuring that issues are resolved as soon as possible.
- Has a hands-on approach;
- A sound background with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office applications;
- Be familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments & Active Directory;
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network infrastructures;
- Monitor, enforce and implement security procedures with server backups;
- Has a hands-on approach with hardware, server racks and network cabling;
- Be able to handle IT projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Excellent troubleshooting, fault-finding and problem-solving skills;
- Assist in multiple areas of technology within different departments;
- Assist with internal/external application & hardware upgrades;
- Assist with the installation & troubleshooting of workstations;
- Assist employees in the various departments with any IT queries;
- Assist the IT manager in the planning and execution of new IT projects;
- Able to create procedures and other IT related documentation and keeping them updated;
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative.
*If you are looking for this sort of challenge, you are kindly requested to forward your CV and covering letter.
The AX Holdings Group of Companies is a dynamic group that is heavily involved in three core sectors – Construction, Hospitality and Development. Today the AX Holdings Group has developed into one of Malta’s leading private companies giving a major and direct contribution to the national economy. Its reputation is not one that has come through idle hype but through years of hard work and endeavor to reach levels that are constantly breaking new ground. The drive to move on stems from the philosophy that change generates progress and progress generates wealth. It is primarily a thirst for achievement that is the driving force behind the AX Holdings’ Group.