Our client is looking to recruit for a DevOps Engineer vacancy in Malta. As part of the growing team, working with a truly dynamic company, in a team of professionals pushing the envelope in technology and problem-solving in the industry
Your responsibilities would include:
- Liaising with product management teams, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validate and execute software releases and system rollouts.
- Managing, Maintaining and improving software release processes, ensuring that the team is using best practices and tools.
- Working closely with development teams to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build and release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments and ensuring that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keeping up to date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintaining and reporting upon suitable KPIs.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and striving for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by superiors.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience using DevOps domains, such as Jira, Confluence, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Spring Cloud Config, Cucumber, Soap UI, Docker, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting and automation tools
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Good team player and able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent command of the English language
About the company:
The DevOps Engineer position is with a leading technology company in Malta.
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.