Job vacancy: Senior Cyber Security Officer within Technology
Job code: TEC/028/19
The Technology Function at MFSA provides reliable services to the rest of the organization and the entities interacting with the Authority through digital means, and efficiently supporting the overall business strategy. Among other things, it is responsible for technology design, cybersecurity, development, integration, and delivery of all the information and communications infrastructure.
- Lead a team of cybersecurity officers;
- Formulate and maintain system security plans, information security policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Analyze systems, review security architectures and propose information security solutions;
- Perform assessment and security compliance checks including vulnerability assessments;
- Assess security events and logs via sophisticated cybersecurity and event management tools;
- Ensure that network defense, identification, authentication, access control, and data protection mechanisms are in line with security best practices;
- Participate in security risk assessments and recommend mitigations and countermeasures to address risks, vulnerabilities, and threats;
- Participate in the development of IT disaster recovery plans and assist in business continuity provisions;
- Deliver information security training, awareness, and provide ongoing guidance to users.
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in ICT but well versed in cybersecurity and disaster recovery planning;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at the National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level. A post-graduate degree in Cyber Security and/or industry certifications are considered an asset;
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years of working experience in the technology of which at least three years in cybersecurity, with a proven track record of developing information security policies. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.