MaltaPost Plc is looking to recruit an IT Support Operator
to join their team within their Information Systems team on a full-time basis.
As an IT Support Operator
, you will have the opportunity to grow in one of Malta’s major logistics companies. Having one of the most extensive retail networks on the island, MaltaPost is a well-established company with a complex IT environment that is going through a transformation journey to adopt new technologies in the provision of its services.
The main responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Applicants as a minimum shall:
- Delivering day-to-day IT and desktop support via telephone, email, remotely or on-site;
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues to ensure business continuity at all times;
- Install and configure computer hardware, software systems, printers and scanners;
- Pinpoint and define new process improvement opportunities;
- Assist management in the implementation of new IT initiatives;
- Assist with the installation, operation and maintenance of new technologies;
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support;
- Liaise with various applications and systems suppliers;
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
The appointment is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
MaltaPost plc is Malta's leading postal services company, being the sole licensed Universal Service Provider of postal service in the Maltese Islands. It is one of the country's largest private employers and as the national postal operator, it collects and delivers mail to every address on the Islands, 6-days-a-week and operates through a comprehensive retail network of outlets. It is regulated by the Malta Communications Authority and is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange. MaltaPost has developed a state-of-the-art document management centre in Xewkija, Gozo which is equipped to scan, archive and index information of both electronic and physical formats.
- Hold an MQF Level 4 qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field (This is equivalent to MCAST Advanced Diploma);
- Have 2 years of relevant technical experience;
- Be familiar with Microsoft Systems and Office Applications;
- Be meticulous with great attention to detail; critical thinking, proactive, hands-on and practical in dealing with problems and their resolution;
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, in both Maltese and English;
- Hold a clean disciplinary record;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.