MaltaPost Plc is looking to recruit a Applications Support Specialist
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will carry duties within the company's information system team.
As an Applications Support Specialist
, you will have the opportunity to grow in one of Malta’s major logistics companies. Having one of the most extensive retail networks on the island, MaltaPost is a well-established company with a complex IT environment that is going through a transformation journey to adopt new technologies in the provision of its services.
The main responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Applicants as a minimum shall:
- Take ownership of incident reports and requests, track issues, process, monitor and coordinate with the company’s partners;
- Provide day-to-day IT support to end users on implemented business software applications;
- Monitor performance of IT systems. Action and report accordingly;
- Participate in the requirements’ definition, testing and implementation of business software applications;
- Continuously seek improvements in business processes and related IT systems;
- Together with the respective product owners, design and implement training to end-users;
- Other responsibilities related to software testing, service and performance management.
- Hold an MQF Level 5 qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field;
- Have 2 years of experience within a similar role;
- Have an analytical mindset, problem-solving skills and excellent teamwork;
- Be highly self-motivated with attention to detail and possess Excellent communication skills;
- Have excellent planning, organisation, tracking and analytical skills;
- Be familiar with SQL commands and syntax;
- Have experience in IT analysis;
- Hold a clean disciplinary record;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
The appointment is subject to a 6-month probationary period.