Our client is offering a Head Development position in Malta.
- Manage the Development department, including Backend, Frontend, QA and Application Support teams
- Perform line management duties, including recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with other team leaders to draw out the big picture architectural vision of the product
- Establish a shared team technical vision which is aligned with the product roadmap
- Guide developers through coaching and mentoring
- Lead design discussions, retrospectives and empowering teams to find solutions to complex engineering challenges
- Report on the team's productivity and constantly strive for self and team improvement
- Conduct design and code reviews within the team to ensure that code meets our quality standards
- Lead by example and ensure that all the department policies, processes, and guidelines are followed
- Instill best practices for software development and deliver high-quality products on tight schedules
Education & Experience:
- You possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- You have experience as a project manager
- You have experience in establishing automated testing and CI
- You have a solid understanding of development and QA processes including DevOps practices
- Background in software development architecture, where PHP is considered as an asset
- You are able to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts
- Motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment
- You are an approachable person with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have a genuine interest in supporting people and finding creative solutions
About the Company:
The company recruiting for the Head Development vacancy in Malta is an established company within the iGaming industry.