Job Vacancy: BI Development Team Lead
Would you like to be a key contributor in a dynamic team that builds cutting edge analytic solutions for Melita? As a BI Development Team Lead, you will bring relevant experience to help the data team enhance, build & optimize data assets. You will have extensive experience in database design concepts and SQL programming. As a key contributor, you will join a dynamic team that builds cutting edge analytic solutions for Melita.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognized degree;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in addition to the technical expertise below;
- Demonstrable BI Development leadership experience is essential;
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset.
- Experience in designing data warehouses and data marts;
- Strong understanding of data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts);
- Oversees best practice, data quality, mentors junior developers;
- Expertise in architecture and design principles and best practices for informatics applications;
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices;
- Experience in designing applications for Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, and Data Visualization use cases;
- More than 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services experience;
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), No SQL Databases;
- Proficiency in ETL tools, technologies, and processes – SSIS, SQL based;
- Knowledge of application and data security – encryption and tokenization of sensitive data, role-based access control;
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualization tool;
- SQL server basic administration experience;
- Experience in data profiling, quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data;
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining large amounts of data will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes;
- Results-driven Problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions;
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Effective team player;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail is important.