Job vacancy: BI Developer
We work with vast amounts of data locally & internationally and we need excellent analytical skills to garner insights. As a BI Developer
, you will bring crucial analytics to Melita in gaining a competitive advantage in the market. You will join a dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards and analytics solutions for Melita. Melita works with vast amounts of data so interest & experience in working with big data will be a plus.
You will be required:
Education and Experience:
- To write relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports;
- You will also be responsible for aggregating large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organization.
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognized degree;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent SQL knowledge;
- Excellent Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services experience;
- SQL server basic administration experience;
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualization tool;
- Experience in quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data;
- SSAS experience is a plus.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Effective team player;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset.