Our client is seeking a Network Engineer in Malta. Working in a strong technologically advanced team in a mission-critical, high availability environment on the forefront of the industry.
Your responsibilities will include as follows;
- Designing, building, operating and maintaining the company’s core network
- Implementing network security policies by analyzing and establishing security requirements identifying threats
- Accurate audit trails, system logs, and other monitoring data sources
- Collecting and analyzing statistical data of the network
- Developing and updating disaster recovery procedures;
- Providing technical input in the compilation of tender specifications and vendor selection;
- Implementing appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international standards
- Proactively seeking ways how the IP Network can be leveraged and developed with a view to introducing new revenue-generating products and services
- Assisting and liaising with other teams in designing, building and operating, of customers’ networks;
- Providing 3rd level support and liaising directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24x7 basis - (On Call)
Education & Experience
- BSc. degree in IT, Computer Systems/ telecommunications or related
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in Network Engineering -
- New graduates are encouraged to apply as well.
- Has good knowledge of Windows, Linux and scripting languages like Python
- To be in possession of industry-standard certifications such as CCNA/CCNP would be an asset
- Has experience working on an IP/MPLS Network (or related environment);
- Open to Feedback and Mentoring
- Able to work independently
- Strong communication skills and a team player
About the Company:
The Network Engineer vacancy in Malta is one of the leading technology companies offering a wide range of services.