Our client is seeking to recruit for a Junior Systems Engineer to join their team in Malta. Working within the IT team, you will be responsible for the installation and configuration of the IT infrastructure, whilst maintaining and monitoring developed network solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Research, test & deploy workarounds and possible proof of concepts
- Installing and configuring Linux servers, whilst carrying out ongoing monitoring and maintenance of updates
- Carrying out testing and deployment of system applications
- Assisting with backup management on servers and databases
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure system deployment within given time-frames
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT or Engineering
- 1-year experience as IT Admin/System Admin
- Familiar with Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, ZetaGrid & Vmware.
- Experience in Bash, PHP, Perl will be considered an asset
- Curious and willing to learn new technologies such as Linux, CI solutions (Puppet/Kubernetes/GIT), MySQL RDBMS and more.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Follow a meticulous and proactive approach to your work
- Be a team player
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills
- Fluent in both Maltese & English is a must.
About the company:
The JR Systems Engineer vacancy is within an IT company and established an international player in the telecommunications industry.