Job vacancy: BI Architect
Would you like to be a key contributor in a dynamic team that builds cutting edge analytic solutions for Melita? As a BI Architect, you will bring relevant experience to help the data team enhance, build & optimise data assets. You will have extensive experience in database design concepts and SQL programming. The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognised degree and have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of data modelling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts);
- Oversees best practice, data quality, mentors junior developers;
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices;
- Experience in data profiling, quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data;
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining large amounts of data will be considered an advantage;
- More than 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience;
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), No SQL Databases;
- Experience with column-oriented databases is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in ETL tools, technologies and processes – SSIS, SQL based;
- Experience in query performance improvement techniques;
- Knowledge of application and data security – encryption and tokenization of sensitive data, role-based access control;
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool;
- SQL server basic administration experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes;
- Results-driven, problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions;
- Professional demeanour, working with senior-level managers and vendors;
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Effective team player;
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset.