Job vacancy: IT Systems Engineer
Our team is growing & we’ve got new cutting-edge technology projects to work on. You’ll be working within a team to develop, maintain and support our core IT platforms. If this sounds interesting & you’re looking to expand your knowledge, read on.
- Designing, maintaining and supporting multiple business-critical systems;
- Act as the second and third level of support for applications;
- Joining the team’s efforts towards delivering on-time support to the company’s platforms – liaising with developers, service providers, infrastructure team and project managers;
- Act as a technical contributor to the team, fostering technical debates on new functionalities and issue resolution to help ensure a high-quality development process;
- Lead external service providers managing the platforms and software databases by assessing, reviewing and driving the delivery of new solutions, maintenance plans and problem determination;
- Taking care of on-premise and cloud platforms;
- Maintaining maximum uptime of internal networks and IT platforms;
- Participate in 24x7 on-call roster.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial experience in development and/or maintenance & support of business-critical systems;
- Degree in Computer Science related subject is preferable;
- Certifications on VMWARE, CISCO, Microsoft and Linux are ideal;
- Knowledge on Linux and Windows Operating systems, Bash, Python and PowerShell scripting;
- Experience on VMWare and Hyper-V infrastructures, Office 365 administration, Azure and Google Cloud platforms, server hardware management and configuration, proxies, Cisco networking, backup platforms, servers and client configurations;
- Experience on containerisation and orchestration;
- Monitoring and log analysis platforms;
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and new platforms configurations;
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a high level of ownership are expected;
- Experience working with internal and offshore teams would be considered an asset.