St. Edward's College is looking to employ an IT Technician/Support
to join their team on a full-time basis. The role covers; desktop, telephony, networking and hardware such as Interactive Whiteboards, laptops, pcs, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Serve as the single point of contact for end User ICT requests and support/technical issues;
- Reply to IT requests from all emails, my school system, and telephone within the agreed targets;
- Perform troubleshooting and initial diagnostics of IT requests;
- Conduct local installation of PCs, Phones, and other end-users devices;
- A basic understanding of networks and basic troubleshooting;
- When required, assign tickets to the relevant team member or external IT suppliers and work with the resolver until completion;
- Communicate effectively to users in a timely and polite manner and keep the end-user informed of the progress of IT requests at all times;
- Manage, create, modify, and delete users accounts and perform clean up projects of user-profiles, files, email accounts;
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to Management in a timely manner;
- Make sure that internet connectivity at College is working at all times;
- Make sure all licences, antivirus etc.. are up to date.
St. Edward's College:
St.Edward's College, established in 1929 has seen many changes over the years, both structural and educational. Our promise to students and their parents is to have the student achieve his or her full potential while in our care. Our success is based on the belief that we must recruit, retain and continually provide Professional Development for the best educators available. Whilst recognising that examination results are the currency in today's world we are not solely interested in teaching topics or subjects. We educate individuals. We very much believe in and live our mission statement; 'At St Edward's College we strive to create exemplary citizens in this increasingly globalised and technological world, placing a strong emphasis on character formation, genuine intercultural understanding and leadership skills which will assist them to contribute to the well-being of society'.
- A degree/diploma in IT;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- A technical and analytical mindset;
- Aptitude and willingness to learn;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory.