BDO Malta is looking to recruit a Senior IT Auditor
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate is a qualified IT Graduate with a keen interest in Information Security and/ or Tech Compliance. A CISA qualification would be considered an asset.
BDO Malta rewards ambition and hard work with a clear career path leading to a managerial role, personal development planning and a nurturing environment. At BDO, you will also gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure. This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-sized companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients in virtually all industries.
We utilise a vast network of resources, drawing upon diverse experiences to ensure our clients’ meet increasingly challenging regulatory and business requirements.
The Employee will be mainly responsible for:
- Provide the Firm and the IT team with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on the application and infrastructure security;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the IT Risk Assessment under the oversight of the Partners; including identifying areas where business units should consider additional investment and areas internal audit should focus;
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes;
- Prepare and report results to the Partners;
- Perform pre and post-implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements;
- IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data centre), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated. Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts;
- Evaluate information general computing controls and provide value-added feedback. Test compliance with those controls;
- Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate;
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyse data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments);
- Ultimately be a source for analytics that the Firm adopts for continuous auditing;
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in operational/financial audits.
The ideal candidate should:
BDO Malta is a member firm of BDO International – “The Leader for Exceptional Client Service”. Established in 1978, BDO Malta continues to grow successfully allowing us the ability to fully service our foreign and Maltese clients with all their financial services needs. Throughout the years we have brought together a strong team of professionals that can offer all our clients an in-depth local market knowledge combined with global industry expertise and technical skills that enable us to fulfil our clients’ complex needs. We offer specialist expertise in most aspects of company management, corporate services, taxation, accounting, auditing, and administration. The company and client are serviced by a multi-disciplinary team, organised into six support units: Audit, Corporate Services, Legal & Compliance, Account, Tax, and Business Development.
- Be in possession of a CISA, CISSP, CISM or equivalent qualification;
- Preferably have experience in IT Audit or IT/ Information Security Audit or suitable experience in Information Security role;
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have knowledge of IT development testing practices and techniques;
- Be able to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities.