Our client is looking to recruit for an AML Merchant and Risk Analyst in Malta. You will be in close coordination with our globally distributed teams. Thriving in a data-driven culture.
Responsibilities would include:
- Take ownership of maintaining existing transaction and customer profile monitoring routines
- Manage internal documentation (processes and procedures).
- Build new manual/semi-automated transaction monitoring routines by using SQL.
- Work with large sets of data while having the flexibility to determine the best methods for data analysis.
- Conduct investigations using internal and external sources to verify independently and enrich information related to customers.
- Reflect discoveries under customer profiles, document key findings and rationale behind decisions.
- Keep all internal records up-to-date.
- Escalate findings internally when necessary and take part in further discussions with internal or external stakeholders.
- Assist team members and other stakeholders by sharing expertise in terms of activity monitoring.
Education & Experience:
- Hold a Degree in Business and Computing or Equivalent experience in Data roles
- 2+ years of experience in transaction monitoring/analysis and working with large sets of data.
- 2+ years of experience working in AML/CFT/Fraud field.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other variations of SQL.
- Have a basic understanding of ML and FT typologies
- Solid data analytics skills (statistical analysts, mathematical modeling) will be considered an advantage.
- Have high ethical standards.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to make a rational decision considering relevant risks and take responsibility for such decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About the company:
The company recruiting for the vacancy of the AML Merchant and Risk Analyst in Malta is with an established Fintech company with clients based all over the world.