Videoslots in Malta is looking to recruit a Head of Development
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will report to the Chief Technical Officer.
What will you be doing?
As the Head of Development
, you will be responsible for the overall development lifecycle of our platforms and solutions. You will lead a team of engineers to design, develop and test our state-of-the-art gaming platform to be able to deliver to our customers a cutting-edge experience with unique features in our sector. You have an established background in developing systems with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you also have a proven track record of hiring and developing engineers, helping them meet and exceed their career goals.
Who are you?
- Manage the Development department, including Backend, Frontend, QA and Application Support teams;
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for multi-disciplined software-focused teams;
- Perform line management duties, including recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management;
- Work collaboratively with other team leaders to draw out the big picture architectural vision of the product;
- Establish a shared team technical vision which is aligned with the product roadmap;
- Manage the tech debt and growing codebase so we continuously improve quality and performance;
- Lead functional design reviews and provide continuous feedback to the team;
- Cooperate with the multiple teams and close the gap between stakeholders and developers, being able to look at a problem and come up with practical solutions;
- Guide our passionate developers through coaching and mentoring, and continuously find new opportunities to teach the team;
- Lead design discussions, retrospectives and empowering teams to find solutions to complex engineering challenges;
- Confront outstanding challenges even when it comes to supporting legacy systems;
- Report on the team's productivity and constantly strive for self and team improvement;
- Conduct design and code reviews within the team to ensure that code meets our quality standards;
- Lead by example and ensure that all the department policies, processes and guidelines are followed;
- Manage resolutions, and escalation paths for live production incidents;
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable tasks, develop functional specifications, then work with the development leads to deliver them in a successful and timely manner;
- Instil best practices for software development and deliver high-quality products on tight schedules.
What we offer:
- You possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline;
- An experienced, inspirational leader having led large teams of approximately 10-20 developers;
- An experienced project manager having managed multiple parallel projects within tight timeframes;
- You have experience in establishing automated testing and CI;
- You have a solid understanding of the development and QA processes including DevOps practices;
- You demonstrable background in software development architecture, where PHP is considered as an asset;
- You are able to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts, Motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment;
- You take initiative, while aware of the accountability and leadership responsibility that comes with it;
- You are an approachable person with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have a genuine interest in supporting people and finding creative solutions.
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices and smashing team, here is what we offer you:
- Competitive salary;
- Annual fitness allowance;
- Daily fresh fruit;
- Breakfast Wednesdays;
- Private Health insurance;
- Quarterly company and team events;
- VIP tickets to many local events and festivals showcasing world-class DJ’s;
- Learning and development benefit;
- Corporate VIP discount scheme;
- Relocation Package (1-way ticket to Malta + 2 weeks accommodation).
Videoslots is the brainchild of Alexander Stevendahl, an expert poker player and a star affiliate. Our site was born online in 2011 where a handful of entrepreneurs who had a knack for entertaining others helped build our second home into what it is today. Our unique product offering and experience we offer our customers is what enables our brand to shine. Our success is driven by an award-winning team of professionals & leading gaming partners in the market.