Job vacancy: Service and Support Officer within Technology
Job code: TEC/018/19
Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organisation. It enables MFSA's strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. The Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms and services, working with technology vendors and partners. The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups and industry fora.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to Technology service and support. The job involves direct interaction with the technical team and designated business users. The primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, configuring, and installing ICT systems;
- Monitoring and maintaining systems;
- Troubleshooting of systems and hardware faults;
- Helpdesk support and resolve technical issues;
- User training and guidance;
- Liaising with systems/applications administrators;
- Preparing relevant documentation and reports;
- Assisting and providing technical support to business users;
- Proposing improvements to systems, processes and development tools;
- Assist in other tasks as directed.
How to apply:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in Technology but well versed in service and support.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least five (5) years working in supporting and administering ICT software and hardware systems, we would still be interested in speaking with you. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Knowledge of service management, as well as industry certifications, would be considered an asset.
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.