Job vacancy: IT Systems Engineer
Our team is growing & we’ve got new cutting-edge technology projects to work on. You’ll be working within a team to develop, maintain and support our core IT platforms.
If this sounds interesting & you’re looking to expand your knowledge, read on.
- Designing, maintaining and supporting multiple business-critical systems;
- Act as the second and third level of support for applications;
- Joining the team’s efforts towards delivering on-time support to the company’s platforms – liaising with developers, service providers, infrastructure team and project managers;
- Act as a technical contributor to the team, fostering technical debates on new functionalities and issue resolution to help ensure a high-quality development process;
- Lead external service providers managing the platforms and software databases by assessing, reviewing and driving the delivery of new solutions, maintenance plans and problem determination;
- Taking care of on-premise and cloud platforms;
- Maintaining maximum uptime of internal networks and IT platforms;
- Participate in 24x7 on-call roster.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fibre cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial experience in development and/or maintenance & support of business-critical systems;
- Degree in Computer Science related subject is preferable;
- Certifications on VMWARE, CISCO, Microsoft and Linux are ideal;
- Knowledge on Linux and Windows Operating systems, Bash, Python and PowerShell scripting;
- Experience on VMWare and Hyper-V infrastructures, Office 365 administration, Azure and Google Cloud platforms, server hardware management and configuration, proxies, Cisco networking, backup platforms, servers and client configurations;
- Experience on containerisation and orchestration;
- Monitoring and log analysis platforms;
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and new platforms configurations;
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a high level of ownership are expected;
- Experience working with internal and offshore teams would be considered an asset.