Job vacancy: BI Architect
Would you like to be a key contributor in a dynamic team that builds cutting edge analytic solutions for Melita? As a BI Architect, you will bring relevant experience to help the data team enhance, build & optimise data assets. You will have extensive experience in database design concepts and SQL programming. The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognised degree and have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of data modelling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts);
- Oversees best practice, data quality, mentors junior developers;
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices;
- Experience in data profiling, quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data;
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining large amounts of data will be considered an advantage;
- More than 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience;
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), No SQL Databases;
- Experience with column-oriented databases is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in ETL tools, technologies and processes – SSIS, SQL based;
- Experience in query performance improvement techniques;
- Knowledge of application and data security – encryption and tokenization of sensitive data, role-based access control;
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool;
- SQL server basic administration experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fiber cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes;
- Results-driven, problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions;
- Professional demeanour, working with senior-level managers and vendors;
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style;
- Very good written and spoken English;
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Effective team player;
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset.