An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join PTL Limited as Network Engineers on a full-time basis. Based in Malta and reporting to the Head of Technical Solutions, the Network Engineer is responsible to design, implement, maintain, and support the network infrastructures of our growing customer base. The chosen candidate will be part of the systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
- Design and implement new solutions and improve the resilience of current environments;
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VOIP, VPN, QoS, WAN);
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes, and security configurations;
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability;
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning;
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues;
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure;
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- The preferred candidate needs to have a deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS) together with a knowledge of the OSI or TCI/ IP model;
- The successful candidate needs to prove that they have hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools;
- This position requires the selected candidate to be willing to join a 24/7 on-call rotation;
- This position calls for a bright and flexible individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a professional IT team;
- The selected candidate needs to have a CCNA qualification or higher;
- Applicants must submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to HR. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date;
- Two employer references may be requested at the second interview phase.
PTL specialises in IT and security for business and is heavily engaged in the banking, retail and hospitality sectors and offers services for accounting purposes and infrastructure needs. With offices in Malta and in Dubai, besides partner offices in Tripoli and Benghazi, PTL has access to channel partners in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates.