Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a BI Architect to join their team on a full-time basis. As a BI Architect, you will bring relevant experience to help the data team enhance, build & optimise data assets. You will have extensive experience in database design concepts and SQL programming.
Would you like to be a key contributor in a dynamic team that builds cutting edge analytic solutions for Melita?
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong understanding of data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts)
- Oversees best practice, data quality, mentors junior developers
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices
- Experience in data profiling, quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining large amounts of data will be considered an advantage.
- More than 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis, and Integration Services experience
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), No SQL Databases
- Experience with column-oriented databases is considered an asset
- Proficiency in ETL tools, technologies, and processes – SSIS, SQL based
- Experience in query performance improvement techniques
- Knowledge of application and data security – encryption and tokenization of sensitive data, role-based access control
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool
- SQL server basic administration experience.
Melita is a diversified and advanced quadruple-play cable operator offering converged telecommunications services. Melita offers IP based digital cable TV, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, and mobile voice and data services. It also owns and operates an undersea submarine optical fiber cable; a co-location data centre built to Tier 3 specifications as well as a next-generation Wi-Fi service across the Maltese islands. Melita’s successful development since its launch in 1992 is evidenced by the presence of at least one of its services in 75% of all households in Malta.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes
- Results driven, problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions
- Professional demeanor, working with senior level managers and vendors
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style
- Very good written and spoken English
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective team player
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognised degree and have at least 10 years of relevant experience.