One of our clients within the funds' services industry in Malta is seeking to recruit a Database Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Responsible for the overall database architecture, design, installation, configuration, technical support, and maintenance of the Oracle Enterprise databases in Oracle Cloud and On-Premises environments
- Monitor database performance, recommend improvements and implement changes to achieve higher performance
- Manage Oracle Database software and its utilities and tools: SQL Plus, Data Pump, RMAN, Oracle Cloud control, etc
- Analysis and troubleshooting of performance issues and performance monitoring
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data backup and recovery and formulates and monitors policies, procedures, and standards related to database management
- Provide assistance with other non-database related tasks for which training will be provided
- Provide technical leadership to teammates
- Prepared to be on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in deploying and maintaining Oracle and Active Data Guard environments
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud or similar.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent communication in English (both written & oral)
- Robust troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create clear documentation.