Our client, specialising in Banking Services is seeking to recruit an IT Internal Audit Supervisor to join their team on a full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible primarily for the execution of the group’s IT audits, covering general IT controls, in line with Internal Audit’s documented framework
- Update the Audit Universe as part of the annual process leading to the formulation of the annual Audit Plan
- Assist third party service providers, engaged by Internal Audit to carry detailed technical IT reviews, such as vulnerability and penetration testing
- Supervise the execution of audits, snap checks, and other audit work carried out by Internal Audit, thus ensuring that these are in line with the company’s Internal Audit documented framework, as approved by the Audit Committee
- Provide coaching and guidance to the Department’s Officers on the drafting of Internal Audit Reports and draft such reports after each audit assignment
- Conduct snap checks as well as execute audits of more complex and technical nature, in line with Internal Audit’s documented framework
- Monitor and follow-up on the agreed corrective action plans, resulting from audits and other reviews concluded by Internal Audit, Regulators and Statutory Auditors as well as supervise the follow-up process carried out by the Department’s Officers
- Submit reports and supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies, guidelines and underlying procedures at all times.
- Have good written and verbal communication in English plus interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Be reliable, organized, meticulous, prepared to work under pressure and use own initiative
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills. Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Have the courage and ability to challenge the status quo and inspire others to look for improvement opportunities
- Possess good business report writing skills
- Be computer literate and conversant in MS Office applications
- Be a team player while still being able to work independently when needed.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Have 4+ years’ progressive experience working in IT or IT Auditing or IT Risk Management
- Be in possession of a recognised IT qualification
- Hold or is in the process of attaining a CISA or related qualification
- Certifications and/or qualifications in accounting, banking, actuarial, risk management, financial analysis, planning and management considered an asset
- Certifications and/or qualifications (or reading to) in Ethical Hacking, and/or other Technical IT / Information Security (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CSC, MCSA, etc.) would be considered an asset.