Our client, specialising in Banking Services in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Business Intelligence and Data Management Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Business Solutions Head of Unit / Chief Technology Officer your duties will include:
- To ensure that all tasks assigned to the team members are carried out efficiently and effectively and that all internal policies and procedures are adhered to;
- To review, propose changes and ensure implementation of revised / new policies and procedures;
- To plan and oversee periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes;
- To design and implement process improvements for the team under his/her remit;
- To design and ensure the establishment of the maintenance, monitoring and control of the company’s data architecture;
- To implement Capacity Planning and ensure that this is reviewed and updated on a regular basis;
- To research and stay abreast of emerging Data Warehouse and Storage technologies and design methods and drive a roadmap to apply them;
- To assist end-users in the use of data query analysis and reporting tools;
- To ensure that all tasks and procedures are carried out efficiently and effectively to the agreed service levels and KPIs;
- To manage the budgets associated with tools owned/ projects being delivered by his/her team, including active involvement in the budget submission process;
- To ensure the team has the skills, environment and support necessary to perform their role to the best of their abilities;
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project;
- Excellent communication skills. in English;
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions.
- Possess a first degree level of education in IT or Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years of experience in Data Development/ Data Warehousing / Database Administration;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in team management/leadership;
- Willing to travel on occasion in order to attend training or conferences or manage supplier relations;
- Working knowledge of ETL techniques;
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Oracle and MS SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQ database environments;
- Experience in budget management and resource planning;
- Knowledge of statistical languages (e.g. R, Stata, SAS, Matlab).
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.