Our client, specialising in Banking Services in Malta is seeking to recruit an IT Security Analyst to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the IT Security Operations Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To monitor, support and assist in the administration of the company`s IT security platforms and associated controls;
- To contribute to the upgrades of existing IT security platforms and new implementation of IT security solutions;
- To provide support services within the established service management procedures and SLA;
- To assist in the implementation of patches and firmware upgrades on IT security equipment by following a low-risk approach;
- To maintain the Configuration Management Database for the IT security equipment in a comprehensive, accurate and timely fashion;
- To liaise with suppliers and service providers in order to acquire new IT solutions and services by following the established procurement procedures;
- To take ownership of the assigned projects’ tasks and complete these to the expected quality and in a timely fashion;
- To conduct periodic vulnerability and penetration tests on the company’s IT assets;
- To submit any reports and/or lead any projects and activities as may be directed by the IT Security Operations Manager;
- To ensure compliance with company’s policies, guidelines and underlying procedures at all times;
- To ensure a high-quality standard of work and service throughout;
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Knowledge in IT technologies such as firewalls, network access control, IDS/IPS, operating systems (both Windows and Linux), IP Protocols, endpoint security and related system tools;
- Proficient in the use of network security toolkits;
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 standards;
- Good troubleshooting skills;
- Possess good communication and report writing skills in English;
- Be a team player, reliable, and can work on his/her own initiative.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Possess a Degree/IT Diploma in Computer Science or in Information security, or in a related field;
- 1 year working experience in a similar role within an enterprise environment administering security platforms;
- Experience in Security Event Monitoring and incident investigations and log correlation using SIEM technologies;
- Preferably CCNA Security, CISA or ITIL v3 certified.