Altaro in Malta is looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer
to join their team on a full-time basis. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer
to have overall technical responsibility of their infrastructure, systems, security, availability, health, performance, capacity and release pipeline.
As a DevOps Engineer
, you need to be an application, infrastructure and performance engineer with an eye for scalable solutions. You are passionate about architecting and implementing new solutions through automation while releasing code into production that improves the performance and reliability of our eco-systems.
- Overall technical responsibility of infrastructure, systems, security, availability, health, performance, capacity and release pipeline;
- Serve as the primary technical contact for anything related to Altaro SaaS services operation;
- Build and manage distributed infrastructure, applications and monitoring through automation that are secure, scalable and reliable;
- Gain a deep level understanding of the application and systems to be able to effectively solve problems across the entire stack – servers, application and network hosted on Azure platforms;
- Working closely with R&D teams to ensure that changes are continuously being built, tested and deployed;
- Create automatic problem detection and resolution processes and scripts;
- Drive standardisation efforts across multiple services;
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements;
- Participate in 24x7 on-call operation.
Bonus Skills (you get additional points if you have one or more of the following):
- Desire and ability to wear multiple hats (Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Systems Developer, Problem-solving, QA);
- Keen on improving product reliability, performance and scalability;
- Passionate to automate manual processes with a good knowledge of scripting tools;
- Comfortable with CI / CD pipeline and have managed integrated workflows using tools such as TeamCity, BitBucket, Octopus Deploy, Rundeck;
- Ability to quickly assess and address incidents and escalate as necessary;
- Experience in Linux and Windows OS;
- Experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures and web application security;
- Experience with Cloud computing infrastructure – Azure / AWS;
- Experience in TCP / UDP, load balancers, firewalls and VPN;
- Experience with Database administration.
Founded in 2009, our company has grown rapidly over the years and continues to do so with our flagship solution Altaro VM Backup, which is rapidly gaining traction as the natural choice for Hyper-V and VMware VM backups. Altaro VM Backup was born out of a need which we ourselves faced in the early days of Altaro. Backing up and restoring VMs was a needlessly complicated process without the use of a 3rd party tool while existing backup solutions were over-complicated to configure and use, expensive and let us down in times of trouble. We decided we could do better. More than 40,000 votes of confidence from customers (and raver reviews) confirm we were on to something. We're proud of the fact that thousands of businesses and Partners worldwide choose to rely on Altaro, excited by our fresh take on backup software, by their experiences with our Support team and by the number of times our software has already bailed them out.
- Experience with running applications in containers such as Docker or Kubernetes;
- Experience with caching (Redis) and message queuing/streaming technologies;
- Experience in application and infrastructure monitoring, reporting and alerting such as NewRelic, Dynatrace, Graylog, ELK, Grafana, PRTG, Prometheus;
- Knowledge / Experience with Atlassian Suite;
- Aware of current InfoSec best practices and certifications such as PCI, ISO27001, NIST;
- Knowledge of incident, problem and change mgmt following ITIL practices.