Paragon Recruitment in Malta is seeking to recruit an ICT Manager on behalf of one of our clients within the Technology Industry on a full-time basis. As an ICT Manager, you will be responsible for business continuity and success of ICT processes across our centres in Europe, as well as ensure that ICT solutions will help all functions to grow and perform their duties more efficiently, with customer satisfaction and keeping mission-critical services active in a 24/7 operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures, and be responsible for IT Services design, planning, implementation and documentation;
- Act as a focal point for all local infrastructure contracts and purchasing requirements. Maintain supplier relationships and be aware of service level agreements;
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations through monitoring of ICT Infrastructure performance;
- Oversee and determine time frames for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages;
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance. Balance the work within the team and coordinate on-call shifts and leaves;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures;
- Maintain a high level of communication & collaboration with peers across centers, with other IT team members in the resolution of issues and/or identification of end user needs & potential solutions for further evaluation;
- ICT Support covering but not limited to:
- Server hardware and associated peripherals;
- Network infrastructure & devices (switches, cabling, routers, firewalls etc.);
- Network attached devices (NAS, printers etc);
- Data communications devices (modems or routers of ISP / third parties);
- CCTV / Security access systems;
- Assist the Head of ICT-IS in the planning and execution of new IT projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with full proficiency (Any other language is a plus);
- Good Leadership skills;
- Be proactive and a team player. Work with minimal supervision. Good prioritization skills;
- Excellent work ethic and professionalism;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good project/change management skill;
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative.
- +4 years of progressive IT experience, +2 years in a similar role;
- Solid knowledge of Windows operating systems, end-user client applications, professional business applications, including domains, directories, email, database engines, etc.;
- Proven working experience as an IT manager, IT Coordinator or IT Senior administrator;
- End-user support troubleshooting;
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience within networking and telecommunications systems;
- Experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware and Hyper-V;
- Working knowledge on Linux OS is a plus;
- Experience on network routing Mikrotik-based is a plus;
- Experience with Fortigate Firewalls is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Professional IT networking administration certification (CCNA or above) and Professional Windows server administration certification (MCSA or above) are a plus;
- IT Service Management certification is a Plus (ITIL, ISO20000, etc.).
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory and compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more. We assist these organisations with the sourcing and implementation of EU funded projects and tailor our services to each individual requirement ensuring positive results every time. Besides advising public and private organisations on EU funding, Paragon staff also assist good organisations to become great through business and financial advice.
- An opportunity to make a positive impact on the digital world;
- A stimulating and rewarding job in a fast-moving, innovative and international tech-company;
- Career opportunities within a management field;
- Comprehensive training;
- Fun events, great colleagues and a fresh, playful workplace.