Debono Group Holdings in Malta is looking to recruit an IT Support Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will work across a broad range of technologies and liaise across multiple business areas of the company, supporting incidents, issues and requests.
Reporting to the Group IT Manager, the IT Support Officer
will be responsible for:
- Providing 1st line support to all internal users whilst working in conjunction with the company’s IT service providers for the delivery of 2nd and 3rd line support;
- Documenting new and existing setups;
- Upgrading processes;
- Assisting in the creation of and following of defined processes for incident logging;
- Ensuring tasks are completed and resolved within agreed service levels and identifying potential changes and system improvements;
- The appointed candidate will be accountable for documenting technical issues and solutions for future requirements;
- Tracking issues with vendors and service providers to successful completion; providing feedback for continuous improvement of the incident tracking process;
- Maintenance of the company’s shared file system.
Following successful training, the IT Support Officer
shall be the appointed on- site application champion for ERP, CRM and cloud-connected platforms. S/he will be responsible also for asset management including purchasing of technology-related assets, both new or under replacement schedules. Finally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the identification of systems which will bring improvement to the business operation whilst consistently providing status updates to the Group IT Manager.
Debono Group Holdings:
Debono Group Holdings: At the Debono Group we’ve been active in the mobility space since the early 1960s and in all that time we have always pushed to achieve business growth through innovation. Today our business has become so much more than just a Toyota dealership. We've today managed to bring together a dynamic and motivated team of local and international professionals from diverse fields to help us start shaping the future of mobility in Malta.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar technical role;
- Qualified in IT at certificate/diploma level;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft IT operating systems and Office applications, including experience in Office 365;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to work in a team, as well as individually, with limited supervision;
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with technology;
- Team player with a proactive approach to work;
- Possess a valid driving license and use of own car;
- Be fluent in English and Maltese.