Ixaris, Malta is looking to recruit an Implementation Specialist
on a full-time basis to join their team.
The Implementation Specialist role:
This is the pivotal role when it comes to ensuring new partners for Ixaris have a smooth path to production and requires the right candidate to have more than project management skills. Heavily customer facing, the Implementation specialist will work with new integrations as well as existing partners in a continuous program of improvement. Involved at all stages of the customer life-cycle, pre-sales, project and go live phases, the on-boarding and implementation specialist will take responsibility for meeting partners development/project teams, understanding their requirements, answering their questions and ensuring Ixaris technical systems are configured correctly, then guiding partners through API and back office integrations to them.. After development, the implementation manager assists with arranging to test and ensuring a smooth hand over to production tech support teams.
This challenging and rewarding role requires a resilient and dynamic individual with a strong interest in technology who is able to bridge the gap between client business communication and the Ixaris technical teams. This is a superb opportunity to help build up a world-class implementation function and drive improvements over time.
- Working with the Ixaris sales team the Implementation manager to meet clients and translate business requirements into technical and functional requirements
- Act as the first line of contact and consultant for technical and integration queries from new partners, driving best practices and integration guidelines through each project
- Manage and maintain project technical documentation
- Coordinate the completion of technical documentation and questionnaires and facilitate Ixaris technical system setup with internal teams (or making configurations yourself where necessary)
- Understanding how Ixaris products work at a semi-technical level so that you can explain whether the client requirements can be met
- Demonstrating Ixaris products to prospective or new clients and training them on the best use
- Coordinate internally across the different business units and making sure that actionable items are done correctly and on time
- Scheduling testing and certification procedures with partners and Ixaris certification team
- Be the project champion within Ixaris on behalf of the client. Thus you need to make sure that the right balance is found internally, between the client interests and the business objectives
- The measure, track and report project progress to all stakeholders
- Identify gaps in our internal processes and provide suggestions on how corporate clients are handled and executed, if and when required.
Requirements and Skills:
- Project management skills including coordination, organisation and prioritization
- Experience in client facing roles especially dealing with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Experience in managing projects at a senior level executive with corporate clients on an international basis
- Quickly build rapport and credibility with all levels, both face-to-face and over the phone and with internal/external parties alike
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Being a quick study of technical documentation/specifications and quickly able to see the benefits and drawbacks of a technical solution
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in Business English (additional languages would be an advantage but not essential)
- Ability to communicate effectivity at all levels both internally and externally
- Being able to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time without losing focus
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to find the best solution for our clients and Ixaris in a positive way
- Experience in the payments market and having knowledge of basic Visa/MasterCard payments principles would be considered a strong asset
- This is not a pure IT or development role but experience and some knowledge of API technology (XML, REST and SOAP) and being able to talk comfortably at a high level about these is essential
- Basic knowledge of file transfer technologies (SFTP, FTPS) is essential
- A genuine hunger to learn, grow and develop new knowledge and skills.
- Resilience - some clients may have a number of issues, resulting in annoyance and frustration. It is necessary to keep control of the situation and make effective decisions under such circumstances
- Perseverance - both with internal teams and with clients
- A strong sense of wanting to do integration and setup right, first time (whilst remaining pragmatic where necessary). You won’t be afraid to raise your hand and ask questions when something doesn’t seem right
- Leadership - although you will not be leading a team directly, you may be leading part of a project team thus you will be required to take effective and decisive decisions when required
- Polished communication both verbal and written, as well as a professional appearance
- Interested in technology, preferably in the electronic payments area
- Outgoing and interested in working with people on a daily basis
- Ability to travel freely within Europe and the rest of the world.
Ixaris started in 2003 when a group of four people came together with one great idea: to launch Europe’s first virtual prepaid Visa card. Today, this product empowers millions of consumers with a safe, reliable and convenient way to pay online. But our journey didn’t end there. Our B2B payment apps have revolutionised the way our commercial clients operate and are used by market-leading international businesses. Today, we are responsible for over 5 million global transactions per year. Payment technology never stops evolving — so we won’t either. Our growth plans are ambitious. We founded the EU-funded Open Payments Ecosystem to continue re-envisioning the future of open payment solutions. OPE will enable an explosion in payment applications using open API infrastructure. We’re genuinely excited about changing the payments landscape. Will you change it with us?
- Ixaris management - this role is focused on our largest and most sophisticated clients and so senior management will have a strong interest
- Client Project Managers - these project managers will be the overall project owner on larger projects and the Client Implementation Manager may well be “paired” with one as a “running mate” in order to handle the technical aspects of the project
- Service and Application Management (SAM) - this team will fix the simple issues that the client might be experiencing
- Research and Development - this team will fix application problems that are unable to be fixed by the SAM team
- Sales - the Ixaris Business Development Managers are overall responsible for corporate customers and take an active interest in the up-front specification of how the Ixaris products will satisfy the user’s requirements
- Product - this department is responsible for defining what features are available within a product. They will need to be consulted if a client requests a feature that is not currently supported.